Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Nano Nanu

I hate seaming. I hate it with such a passion that I do everything possible to not have to do so. I had seen cozy patterns on the net that said "knit for X inches, seam sides, fold over top..." I got to the word seam and would abandon the pattern. I decided that I wanted to make my own pattern. I also wanted something that could go over my iPod while I was listening to it (ie. has a headphone port), and I also didn't want something that couldn't come off completely without unplugging the headphones. Hence, this was born. So, as promised, Nano Cozy pattern.



Yarn: Lucy Neatby Celestial Merino Dream (Color: Blue Vesivius)
Needle: 2.00mm
Gauge: 16st and 24 rows = 2"x2" in St Stitch
Additional: one 1/2" button
darning needle

Note: I worked the cozy using the magic loop method, but using two circs would also work. Working on dpns might be possible, but it is much easier if there is an easily identifiable front and back.

Using figure 8 cast on, CO 39 st.

Work in the round in plain st stitch for 2 inches.

Row 1: *K1P1* rep from * to last st, K1
Row 2: *P1K1* rep from * to last st, P1

Repeat these two rows 5 times more (making a total of 12 rows)

Next row: K1 P1, insert left needle into these two sts in front of right needle. K2tbl. *K1 insert left needle as before, k2tbl. P1 insert left needle as before k2tbl.* repeat from * until a total of 15 sts (including st on right hand needle) remain.

Work back and forth in moss stitch as established for 10 rows.

Next row: work 7 st as established, k2tog, YO, work 6 st as established.

Work as established in moss st for 5 rows.

Cast off using method previously used.

Sew button to front 1" from right edge and 1/2" from cast off edge of body. Weave in ends.

NOTE: button hole will need to be worked so as to get the button through, but don't worry, it will work.



-cheers and happy knitting!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Just found a link to this on Ravelry - looks like just what I'm after. New nano to cozy & a similar aversion to seams! Thank you so much for sharing.