Sunday, November 15, 2009

318. My So Far Sock

SONY DSC

I cast on for a pair of socks a couple days ago, Wednesday I think. Plain stockinette with some Online yarn that I got a while ago here in Ottawa. Basically I wanted more knit socks, but also needed a no think project for at the theatre and for on busses. Started with Judy’s Magic (15 sts), increased to 58 sts, knit until the foot put over my hand covered my fingers and came down to where my thumb meets my hand (I don’t know if this works for everyone, but this works for me), increased for 17 gusset sts, turned the heel, used a plain slip stitch pattern on the heel, and then immediately went to a k1p1 cuff. I’ll probably keep this up for 2 or 3 inches, we shall see. The yarn is nice, I’m not too huge into the barber pole, but s’okay. I’ve got some more Online yarn that I’ll make up into plain socks. They are just so amazing, and I need more hand knit socks. Everyone needs handknit socks.

-Cheers folks!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Pretty Reminds of the ones my nannie used to make for me