Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Presenting…

Alonso New-8

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to present, the new Alonso.

Alonso New-12

It’s really difficult to get a good picture of his true colour, which is much more green than these are letting on. In any case, he is done. Repainted, and put back together. I haven’t taken him out for a spin yet, but I’m happy. Aside from having to remove the rear wheel and put it back on three times (my own damn stupidity), the reassembly went quite well.

Alonso New-1

I did decide on what to do for the head badge. I painted all the relief black. With nail polish. I then gave it a couple good clear coats, so hopefully it will stand the test of time.

Alonso New-4

I had a little bit of funky stuff go on with the paint job in one place, hopefully that doesn’t cause problems down the line. I made sure it got a good coast of clear coat (can’t you fix the world with Duck Tape and clear coat?). It’s not paper-y like it’s about to flake off, it’s just crackled. Weird.

Alonso New-6

The difference between sanded and un-sanded.

Alonso New-7

I also gave my fenders a one (twice, and in some cases thrice) over with some sandpaper to get rid of corrosion. They too got clear coated.

After a night and part of the day to dry, I put him all back together to find that while I had thought he was turning into a she, he is indeed still a he. Alonso is here to stay.

Alonso New-10

I also changed out the old rear reflector which was faded, and probably not the best quality anymore with one I had bought a while back when I needed to put a white one on the front. I figured that I already had one on the back, why replace it. I kept it though (why throw it away, it’s a perfectly good reflector).

Now I just need some really nice weather so I can go for a long ride. Happy times.

-Cheers folks!

2 comments:

IM said...

We need a before picture... I get the feeling the changes are dramatic. Great job, Gwen. Iris

GKDavie said...

The first picture from two posts ago (Briiiing Brrrrrriiiiiing) is nearly an identical placement as the first one from this post. It's kind of awesome.