Thursday, May 6, 2010

Research, Design, Knit, Curse, Frog, Reknit

That’s pretty much all I’ve been doing over the last week.

I bought some gorgeous sport weight yarn summer 2009, and it’s just been sitting in my stash pretty much ever since. I did knit a toque out of it, and I used a bit of it in my Doctor Who Socks, but for the most part it sat languishing in my stash, wishing to be used. I just needed to find that particular pattern that would work.

Long story short, I have decided on a base design, and a little embellishment.

I even swatched.

Cables & Cashmere

Of course, about 14 inches into the first sleeve I realized I made a huge mistake (like planning on an additional 20 increases that didn’t need to be there, as well as starting the increased way too early). I had to rip the entire thing. I’m back on track now, about 11 inches into the sleeve and things are going well.

Knock on wood.

Salt over the shoulder.

Spin around three times.

-Cheers folks!

2 comments:

Mercerch said...

Cool pattern.

Brenda said...

I guess one could also say - keep yor fingers crossed - hard to knit that way, though.