Saturday, March 13, 2010

What’s for Desert?

I said that I cook a fair bit, but did I also mention that I like to bake too? Well, I do, unfortunately our oven has not been working (broiler element snapped in half), for a while and it took our landlord for ever to get it fixed. In any case, it’s back to working condition now. After I scrubbed it clean (that’s about 45 minutes of my life I’m never getting back), I decided it was time to bake something.

Looking at what I had on hand, I figured that Oatmeal Raisin cookies were in order. I had made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies last year, and remembered how cake-like they were, so I added less flour this time.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies-1

They turned out much better this time. Considering I took them to the theatre and they were all gone by the end of the night, I guess it wasn’t just me thinking they were good.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies-2

I also made banana bread today, but I didn’t take photos of it. It’s good, but the outside it a little over done, and the inside is a little under done. I think our oven runs a bit hot, mental note noted.

-Cheers folks!

1 comment:

Mercerch said...

Wait, you cook, bake, and knit cool stuff...