Friday, September 4, 2009

247. My Afternoon in the Park

SONY DSC

I went out today to get some mail from my old house. (yay for knitting needles from a Raveler!) I then decided to sit by the Canal for a while and knit. I got right up to the point where I needed to change to the contrast colour for my Daybreak shawl. I then biked over to get some supper. I’ll admit, I got fast food, but it was Wendys. It was tasty, and delicious, and now I want more fries. Damn. I then biked back over to my side of the river, but I still didn’t want to go home quite yet, so I went to Hog’s Back Park. Well, that area. I’m not sure if I really was in Hog’s Back Park where I was, but that was the last sign I saw. As I was sitting there, leaning up against a tree, laptop on my lap reading the pattern and knitting, there were quite a number of the huge black squirrels jumping around. There were also two that kept chasing each other and scaring the bejeepers out of me when they’d make loud noises then clamber down a tree trunk and run around. One of my favourite squirrels was that guy. He didn’t so much walk, scamper, crawl, or whatever it is that squirrels do, he hopped. It was like he had little springs under his feet. I couldn’t help but giggle every time I saw him doing it. Hoppity hoppity hoppity.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: