Monday, September 14, 2009

257. My Temptation

SONY DSC

There is a crisp breeze in the air, and you know what that means? Fall and winter knitting can commence. Toques, mittens, socks, gloves, fingerless mittens, and more mittens. I’m really on a mitten kick right now. I would love to cast on a pair of Latvian inspired mittens. Currently I want a pair of these. The green would be black, and the brown would be my Noro that has been two pairs of half socks, and then frogged. I really want to cast these on, but I will not. I need to finish up some other stuff first. Though, mark this on the calendar, I finished my last block for my Lizard Ridge blanket. It is officially bound off, waiting to be blocked, then there is seaming and figuring out the edge. I know I’ve said it many times before, but I need to figure out what I’ll do for the edge. And I’ll have to get some yarn for it. I don’t think that anything in my stash would work well enough, nor do I believe that I’d have enough of anything to add some semblance of continuity. I’m thinking that I might just do a basic garter stitch edge in Cascade 220, or some other such equal yarn. I’ll figure it out later. I want to finish off something else first before tackling edge. And before casting on the mittens. Oh the pretties… they’re calling to me. I must resist.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: