Sunday, September 6, 2009

249. My Fall Excursion

SONY DSC

My friend and I decided (quite randomly) to walk an outrageous amount today. One of the stops was the Rideau Falls, where the Rideau River meets the Ottawa River. I got to play around with the shutter speed on my camera to catch the water as it was falling. One thing I haven’t really played with on my camera is all of the user preferences. I tend to just go Macro, Portrait, Landscape, or Action, I don’t tend to play with the fully adjustable settings. It was good fun. I also played a bit with composition to get some nice portraits of my friend. I’ve got one particularly great photo, only problem is the tree growing out of his head. I did manage to get a bunch of other great ones though, so all was not lost.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: