Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Actual knitting.

I don't know where all my knitting time has been going. Well, actually I do, and then it goes to the Frog Pond.

I cast on a WollyWormhead Meret out of some sort of scratchy wool I got from my aunt and uncle last year for Christmas, but it just wasn't screaming "Finish me!" So I frogged it.

I cast on for a Thorpe, more specifically, the one with the color work. I was using Cascade 220 (pink and black), and 3.75mm needles instead of 5.5mm, so I added a pattern repeat. I finished all the increases and it was still going to be too small, so I frogged. I cast on again, this time with two extra repeats. I got to the end of the increases and it looked like it was still going to be too small, so I added to the pattern to increase each pattern repeat by 4 additional stitches. I then worked a few rounds of the straight pattern. I didn't like how the top was flat, no bowl, just a bucket. so I frogged it. I haven't cast on again yet, and I haven't decided whether I will double the 220, or use the 109 tweed that I have.

I think I'll frog my Viheevara. I haven't worked on it in a while and I know I don't have enough yarn for it. It kinda makes me sad, but the progress on my other huge project lifts my heart.


Oh heck yes, you better believe that I've been working on the infamous Boob Blanket. I've got 5 blocks done and I don't know how many more I want to do. It's becoming a fairly good size already, but I want it bigger. I'm also not sure which layout to use.

And I know..... Block before seaming. But I got impatient! I will take out the seams to block and find a really good layout for the blocks, but for now, I like having a quarter (or so) of a blanket. What would my blog be without a random artsy-ish photo? I want a good camera. I can't seem to get mine to focus well. It could also be the light. Damn sleep patterns letting me sleep in till 1 and stay awake till 5.


-Cheers and happy knitting!

No comments: