Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 2 - Pride

6 days till Giftmas, and I am (nearly) done my shopping. I only have two things left to pick up, both of which I can get tomorrow before I go in to work.

Today's Sin: Pride (Latin, Superbia)

I woke up at 8am this morning and was going to get into the shower to get ready for work when the phone rang. It was work calling me telling me that they had to cancel my shift. Some people get angry when that happens, but seeing as I don't need the hours, I was happy. It meant I could sleep in. So when I got up at 1 I was happy, rested, and ready to face the mall to finish my last little bit of shopping. I got up to Mic Mac about 2:30, and I was out of there at 3:15. Done. Everything is now done except two little things I have to pick up, one of them is at work, so I'll get that tomorrow, and the other is at Atlantic Fabrics which is right next to my work. I'm very happy to be done, and even more excited that I'm practically done with all the wrapping. I'm re-using some old shipping boxes for those oddly shapped items. Go Green this season! I think I'll wrap the kid's presents in the comics from the Saturday paper to go even greener.

I give this day a 9/10 for Pride.

- Cheers and be Proud!

No comments: