Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 3 - Sloth

I know, I know. It's technically not day 3, but is it my fault that someone gave me Black Books seasons 1-3 (which I finished in three days), and then I watched two Doctor Who episodes and worked on a toque that is going to be super warm and pretty much the best thing ever? I think it is not my fault. Which is the same stand I take when I say that I was a sloth today, and it was not my fault.

Day 3 - Sloth (Lain - Acedia)

So I stayed up late last night, perhaps a bit too late, and that is the reason that today was pretty much a write off, even though I'm completely wired right now, but that might have a bit to do with having a drink in my hands. I was up until nearly 7am last night.... I swear one moment I looked at my clock and it said 4am, which I thought was late and that I should go to bed, but I had only been talking to DWB for two hours, and I wanted more, and the conversation never came to a lull, so we kept going. It was a good thing that if I had had to work early, it would only have been at 2:30, so even that wouldn't have been too bad. Thankfully I didn't have to work early (as I found out when I woke up at 1:30 and called work). I spent the next half hour just lying in bed wondering if I actually had gotten up at 9am to give mom the hairdryer that was in my room (I had), and contemplating the thought of it all beaing a dream last night (it wasn't).

I went downstairs to discover that mom and dad were decorating the Christmas tree, so in true youngest child fashion, I proceeded to go to my chocolate christmas countdown calendar, ate today's chocolate, and then (while still in my pyjamas) I decorated the Christmas tree with a cocofany of handmade ornaments (remind me to tell you about the Bell Filled with Tears), ornaments that are older than myself (some that my mother had made in elementary school that her grandmother kept and my mother was given after she passed away), and cut outs from many of the various places that mother and father dearest have visited.

I ate breakfast (at 3pm), watched some House and knit for a while. Then I got ready for work, went to work (where it was d-e-a-d, dead. Made me sort of angry), then sat in the car as brother picked me up and then ran a few errands before returning home. I ate left over lasagna from Thursday, watched Black Books and Doctor Who and cast on a hat (twice) that I am changing from the pattern because I'm knitting it in worsted on 3.75mm instead of in chunky on 5.5mm. I'm working on Thorpe by the way, doing the patterened version to add warmth. The main color will be black, with a contrast of neon pink, it's looking awesome so far.

This day gets a 7/10 for Sloth.

-cheers and don't be too much of a sloth!

No comments: