Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 6 - Lust

Today I had a job. An actual paying gig in my industry. It was awesome.

Today's sin: Lust (Latin, Luxuria)

I might have stayed up much too late last night, and I might have only gotten 3 hours sleep. It might have been a mistake, but it was worth it. Lust.

I got up early and tried to drop off the key that I accidentally took home from work on Sunday, but the complex still didn't have any power, so I didn't even bother walking down to the store. I instead went to McDonalds and got two #2's: Sausage and egg McMuffins. I went back home with the intention of showering before going off to my gig, but the guy who was picking me up called me and said he was running early, so he'd be there real soon. Needless to say, once again there is another day that I was rushed and unable to get completely ready before I went off for the day. I rushed around the house, and ate ONE hashbrown. I lusted after the hot, steamy Sausage McMuffins sitting in their bag on my kitchen table. I then ran out the door for one of the most interesting gigs I have ever done.

It was at a warehouse in Burnside, and they were playing in the warehouse. Not in a lunchroom or a seminar room, but in the Factory Warehouse with all of the huge computerized equipment as a backdrop (which I lusted after, omg big machines). We loaded in though the loading bay that was meant for an 18 wheeler, after which one of the workers told us to pile our gear onto palettes and they would use the fork lift to carry the gear to the "stage".The "stage" was three stacks of about 15 sheets of 8' X 12' pressboard. It was a sight to be seen. The "desk" that I sat up the console on was actually about 5 palettes stacked on one another, with a piece of pressboard (cut to size) screwed to the top. Like I said, it was interesting.

The guys brought me a plate of food during their break which was very nice seeing as I was getting hungry. I got paid in cash. I got home at 5. It was an awesome day. I was home for about 5 minutes before dad got in and we were off again! We went over to the Williams Street crew for supper. I had thought we were ordering Chinese food, so I was all geared up for it and lusting after lemon chicken, beef and broccoli, sweet and sour chicken balls, meat egg rolls, and chicken/beef/Chinese fried rice. We got there, and my Uncle was cooking Lasagna. It was still really good, but I had been all geared up for Chinese, so it was kind of a let down. On the way home I'm pretty sure that I fell asleep in the back seat. It might have been the glass of wine, or the (lack there of) amount of sleep I got last night.

Of course though, it's nearly midnight as I write this and although I could go to sleep now, I don't want to. I'll stay up later so see if the reason that I was up so late last night comes online. Talk about lust much?

Today gets a 9.5/10 for Lust. It only looses a point because of the sleep depravity.

-Cheers from this lusty babe ;)

No comments: