Monday, June 22, 2009

173. Eeek! That will be a Steek!

June 22

Okay, so I finished the garter band for the bottom, I did that flat because I didn’t want to have to steek garter stitch, plus I didn’t know how else to do it. I’ve got the body joined in the round now, those stitches there in the middle, THAT is where I will cut my knitting. I’m scared. I really, really am.  It’ll be quite a while before I get around to the actual steeking bit, but it’s looming. Right now I’ve got about 14 inches of plain stockinette, knit in the round, over and over again. But that is better than knitting one row and purling the next. After the body are the sleeves, then the shoulders and the wonderful saddle shoulders. As a side note, because all my socks are toe up, I love saddle seaming. The yarn feels wonderful knit up on the 5mm needles, but after using the Addi Lace needles, and moving to the standard Addi’s I find them brutally blunt. Even my sock circs are super pointy. I love my Knit Picks.

I’m trying to think of the last time I used straights for a big project… I can’t think of one that’s been recent. I’ve moved on to Circs and I can do anything! Big tubes, little tubes, flat, ANYTHING! I rock.

I am SuperGwen. :D

For those who don’t know what steeking is, Michael did a good post on his blog when he made the tube with cables into a vest. He is much braver than I am, so I’m going to need a fair bit of encouragement when it comes time to steek. I promise pictures during and booze after. Deal?

-Cheers folks!

1 comment:

Michael said...

I will fly out to supervise the steek if that's what it takes! (for real!)

For now, knit on in blissful ignorance of the future!