Saturday, June 27, 2009

178. Walk-about

June 27

I went for a walk with a friend of mine who has been living here in Ottawa for the last 5 weeks or so. Other than it being extremely hot and humid, it was nice. I have to remember to drink more water, I do drink a fair bit already, but I need to drink more. I think I got a bit of heat exhaustion today, that is not good. This is the view of Parliament Hill from the McKenzie King Bridge. I think it was that bridge. I don’t think there is a single view in Ottawa that isn’t beautiful. I remember thinking back in Halifax that I was going to miss all the green space, but there is just as much here as there was back home. Here, everything is just on a grander scale. I’ll get a whole lot of good shots on Wednesday while the city goes insane due to Canada Day.

I don’t know how often I’m going to be able to post, the internet in this building is sketchy at best. In the last 5 hours I’ve been able to connect only a couple times, and only for a few minutes at a time. The hotel behind me (that I stayed in while on a band trip in 2006) has unsecured wireless that I have been stealing for the last little while, but it’s hard to connect during the day. Much easier in the evening/late night when less people are on it.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: