Sunday, February 8, 2009

39. New Acquisitions



I fell down and went boom this weekend. Not too hard. But harder than I had anticipated. First off it started because I had a gift certificate to one of my LYS's. I went in and bought two skeins of sock yarn. I never really was a sock knitter, but they're just kind of taken over my knitting life right now, and it sort of scares me. I bought some ONline sock yarn in a white/grey/navy/neon green colorway, and some BFL Fleece Artist in the Sugar Plum colorway. I also got a set of 8 inch, 6mm bamboo dpns because one of the girls coming to Halibloggaknittas needed them for a hat, and I didn't have any, so I bought them, let her use them, and now they're in my needle stash. I then decided that because I had so much extra time before I needed to meet up with DWB, that I'd go to the other LYS that I used to go to nearly every day while I was at College. It had been ages since I had been to that LYS, and you know it's really bad when the proprietor of the store looks at you when you walk in and says (with glee) "Gwen! I haven't seen you in here in a while, how have you been?" It made me happy to be remembered, but kind of sad when they know you by name. While I was in there I did not buy any more yarn. I know! I was good, but I did buy a big bottle of Eucalan wool wash because my teeny tiny bottle was getting on it's last legs and had very little left, espescially since I have begun hand washing my socks in the bathroom sink right after I've worn them so that I can wear them more often. And I also picked up a set of 4.5mm straights in bamboo. I had a pair of 4.5's plastic at home, but I wanted something for Halibloggaknittas, that night, and they were great. I'm finding that I really like wooden needles rather than plastic or even metal. Although my metal Knit Picks are quite nice.

Anyways, I have cast on another sock out of the ONline, it's just a plain vanilla sock, toe up, and it's going to have a heel flap. I'm also still working on the first Brainless #2, but I have the heel turned, and one repeat done, 5 more, then a few rows of ribbing and sock one is done! I'm excited, and I'm starting to think that I'll get more than 12 pairs of socks done this year. Oh, and by the way, I'm sick, I'm coughing, and the drugs didn't do anything for me. For most people Tylenol cold will knock them out, I actually started getting more chipper. There is just something wrong about that, don't you think?

-Cheers and I hope you don't get the bug that's going around, it really sucks.

1 comment:

Hattie said...

Socks kind of take over for a while, but then it subsides and you'll get to knit other things.