Thursday, February 26, 2009

57. Look Ma!


My grandmother actually laughed at me when I said I was working on a quilt. She's all down with my knitting, and in fact she enjoys it because I give her my yarn scraps for all the charity knitting she does. But when I told her that I was working on a small quilt, she nearly guffawed. Not even kidding. She looked at me like I was insane, and then asked if it was just blocks or a pattern. I told her that it was going to be mainly blocks with an inner border or triangles. But now, I have a blanket! Sorta. I have a bunch of squares sewn together, some of which still need to be sewn on, so they're pinned on with safety pins. I really really like it so far, and I'm thinking that I want a dark base for the backing. Maybe I'll stop in at the fabric store tomorrow before I meet up with the mister. See if I can find anything good looking enough and cheap enough. I also need to pick up some quilt batting. What do you guys think, dark background with light polka-dots? Sounds good to me.

-Cheers folks!

1 comment:

Hattie said...

Oh looks great so far! I keep meaning to do a quilt, but haven't gotten around to it. I like the dark background idea.