Tuesday, May 19, 2009

139. An Abundance of Change

May 19

I changed wallets this evening because the bag that I use (my Namaste Messenger) has two large pockets on the front, one I use for my wallet and the other I use for my notebooks. I have a nice wallet that I spent a pretty penny on a couple years ago that is a half fold. It’s black with really bright flowers on it, I really do like it. Except it gets lost in that big pocket on the front of my bag. I also have a nice bill fold that I got from the Burton outlet down in the states even longer ago. The only problem with it is that I ripped the ID slot a while ago. I was not impressed. Nor am I able to fix it because of the type of tear. MY ID still fits in it and doesn’t fall out, it just bugs me that it’s ripped. The plus with this wallet and bag combo, is that the wallet doesn’t get lost in the pocket. It’s the perfect size. Absolutely perfect.

While I was changing wallets I poured out all my change, and I went to take the pennies, nickles and dimes to put them in my bottles for change. Only one problem. I kept seeing the back of nickles and thought they were quarters. I swear they changed the size of nickles on me, and that’s not cool. Not cool guys, not cool.

In other news, I have half a sock, or about one quarter of a pair.

Kiila (2)Kiila Apparently I rock at doing needle-less cables on the bus. It was insanity. I even managed to fix a wrong cable on the row below the one I was working on. Insanity I say, insanity. The gusset increases by the way, are utter genius. Yarnissima is a genius. The pattern is Kiila (Rav link), and I’m using BFL Sock from Fleece Artist. The combo is great. But yea, I got a whole lot done, and also a fair bit while I watched Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement. For those who didn’t know, Chris Pine (Kirk from the new Star Trek) was in this movie. I didn’t realize until he laughed and I saw his smile. Also in this movie is John Rhys-Davies, Gimli from Lord of the Rings. I swear, I had forgotten about both of them when I got the movie to watch it. I wanted more Julie Andrews, and she sings in this movie. I love Julie Andrews.

And Audrey Hepburn.

And Fred Astaire.

And Dick Van Dyke.

And a whole whack of other classic actors. Nothing is better than the classics.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: