Thursday, May 21, 2009

141. Signs of Summer

May 21

It was nearly 30 degrees here in Halifax today. It was 4 degrees in Saint John’s, Newfoundland. I was only able to run across the street at work today to grab lunch, but because I had to leave early, it meant I had to work through lunch to still get my hours in. I would have loved to have sat outside, maybe on a patio, with a cold drink and a burger. Instead I sat in my cubicle, working, with a can of Cola, and a bacon cheeseburger with gravy fries. It was good, but I would have loved to have seen more of the sun.

I have come to a standstill with the Kiila socks. Not because I don’t want to work on them, but because or a fact I forgot to mention. It’s a mystery sock, so you only get a little bit of work each week. I’m thinking I might start on the other end of the yarn to begin the second sock. It would sure stop Second Sock Syndrome. Kiila (3) I added a little bit to the pattern by making the heel a slip stitch heel instead of a plain stockinette heel. I even added to that by changing up which stitches were slipped. I love them so far. The BFL yarn is so soft, I’m hoping that it’ll stand up well. I’ve got a skein of Merino/Nylon (75/25 I think) that fuzzes something horrible. I’m talking H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. I take off my socks at the end of the day and I have half a sheep between my toes. But it seems that there is no wear on the socks. I don’t understand, but they’re bright and I love them too. I love all my handknit socks.

-Cheers folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet I know where that bacon cheese burger and gravy fries came from!
Adam

Mercerch said...

AARRRRRGGGGGGGGF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's St. John's NL. There is no Saint John's. Closest is Saint John, NB.