Sunday, May 31, 2009

150. Poker Night with the Boys

May 30

We were playing poker tonight, with actual buy ins, so it was a little more of an actual game than the usual. I had three coolers, I was feeling it a fair bit, but I still did rather well. It came down to myself and one of the guys. I hadn’t been short stack more than once all night, and I was probably only overtaken once or twice, but only for a couple hands. I was doing really well. Then it came down to a really nice hand. I thought I was good to go, but then the other guy pulled out quad Kings on the River. I was ticked. It all went downhill after that. I still came in second though, so I wasn’t out any money. Four hours of entertainment with only the possibility of loosing $20, not bad if I do say so myself.

Now I have to go to bed because I tend to get all down on myself when I drink and then sober up before going to bed. Right now I’m re-thinking just about everything in my life and it’s starting to scare me. I want to go to Ottawa, but I want to stay here too. It’s a bad mental place to be in when you just can’t make up your damned mind.

-Cheers folks.

No comments: