Friday, January 2, 2009

2. This is Not a Test

I have embarked on another momentous project. I'm making a Color Bar/TV Test Screen blanket. It's based off the one in S&B Happy Hooker, but seeing as I don't have the book (yet?) I don't have the exact pattern. I'm just making 5" granny squares that I will sew together. I did the math though, and I will need 140 squares made out of ten different colors, but not in all the same quantities. I need 24 white, 21 black, 14 aqua, 14 pink, 14 blue, 12 green, 12 red, 12 yellow, 9 grey, and 9 navy. It will be a good "just pick up and work" project, but I can also see this getting real old, real quick. Good thing there was a sale on at Michaels, I was able to get all of the yarn I needed for under $30. I hope it will be enough, but I'm already doubting myself.

I've got all the yarn in my new basket that I got for Christmas, which brings me on to #2 of my Project 365.

I really can't wait to get back my camera so that I can stop using my cell phone to take these. It messes up colours so bad.

-Cheers and happy knitting all!

No comments: