Wednesday, January 21, 2009

21. Bargain Books

Am I the only one who will buy a book solely for the reason that it was on the clearance table? I did it yesterday, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I spent about $3 on a book and a pack of note cards. The book was $2 (I give you three guesses on how much the note cards were), but because I used The Mister's rewards card, I got 10% off, lots I know, but still. The book is called "How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship, & Musical Theatre", by Marc Acito. So far, after two chapters, there has been mention of boobs, butts, sex, and (a direct quote) "my cold, wrinkly dick". It's all used fairly tastefully, there are a few times where the F-Bomb is dropped, but I don't care. All in good fun eh? I'll review the book later, once I'm more than 2 chapters in, but so far so good.



-Cheers, go read a book, that way your brain wont melt out of your ears.

PS. I have a job interview on Friday! :D I'm just a little bit excited.

2 comments:

Belle Ecrivaine said...

When you're done that, and I'm done Yarn Harlot, I want to trade you this book for Without You: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and the Musical Rent by Anthony Rapp. That is, of course, if you haven't already read it. In that case, you can always borrow my BSG books (that Adam has sitting on his shelf).

Good luck with the interview.

Charlotte said...

If you decide you enjoy Marc Acito's writing, pick up his Attack of the Theater People, which I noticed is on my favorite book-swapping site, www.bookins.com. It gets an Amazon 5-star rating and it's a hoot! Good luck with the job interview!