Tuesday, January 20, 2009

20. More Snow.

I was making some scrambled eggs this morning (okay, it was 1pm, but I had only been up for about 2 hours, so it was still morning to my internal clock) and when I looked outside, I saw a few white flakes coming down from the sky. I smiled because we hadn't been expecting any snow at all, not even flurries. By the time I had finished making my eggs, it was snowing quite heavily. So I went upstairs to get my camera. Snow makes me happy, it really does. Seeing it softly falling, gathering on the ground, brightening my backyard...it all just makes me smile. I don't care that it's cold, in the infamous words of Brenda Dayne: "If you're cold, put on a sweater, that's what they're for." The ice doesn't bother me either, you just need to be careful and wear good footwear.

Tell me if this is not a beautiful site.



-Cheers and do yourself a favor, step outside when it is snowing, close your eyes, spread your arms open wide, lean your head back, and catch a snowflake on your tongue. Remember the carefree days when nothing mattered.

1 comment:

Belle Ecrivaine said...

Ten years in Quebec as a child, yeah, sure, I've had my fill of winter fun. Now, though, I wish I lived in a place that never snowed. Snow does not make me happy. Ha-rumph.