Tuesday, January 6, 2009

6. I Promise, to do my best.

I don't know if everyone is aware of this, but I am a Girl Guide leader. I grew up being in the movement and I never left. 15 years later I am a leader volunteering alongside the leaders that were my leaders. It is such a rewarding experience to see these young girls come in to the movement as nervous, shy, and unaware kids, and then develop into confident, outgoing, and truly bright girls. I give all the credit to my leaders (my mother included) who helped shape me into the person I am now. I also find it extremely amazing that there are two other young women who I went through the movement with who are now leaders. I must say that it's because we had awesome leaders (most of whom are still leaders in the district) that instilled the Guiding Promise, Law and Motto in us, that we are now leaders with such intensity. I can only hope that more girls go right up through the movement at continue to give back to the District.

Fifteen years is three quarters of my life. A long time to spend involved with anything whether it is sports, extra-curricular activities, or a world wide movement with members from every race and religion. I am proud to recite my Promise every time. I am proud to hear my girls say that they enjoy what they do. I am proud to say that I am a Girl Guide of 15 years, and hopefully, many to come.

-Cheers and go give your time volunteering. It's rewards come back ten-fold.

PS. I had such a hard time writing this post, my brain doesn't want to work tonight, words just wont come to me the way I want them to.

No comments: