Monday, April 13, 2009

103. Make-up Triumph

April 13

I believe that I have found a pressed powder that not only matches my skin tone, but seems to last AND look natural. I used to use Covergirl liquid foundation, but I have naturally oily skin and the CG made it worse (even the “for oily skin” formulation). I switched to Almay which is much better, even though I can’t quite seem to get the right colour, I can get real close. I then would use a CG pressed powder as a top layer to hold it all together (supposedly). I never got anywhere near decent coverage with the CG compact, plus it didn’t keep my skin from going all shiny by noon. I just went with it, and kept a compact with me for touch ups because it was a good price and a decent colour. Today I needed mascara (will be reviewing the EyeLights from CG soon) and powder. I like the Rimmel eye shadow that I have, so I decided to see if they had a powder that might be nice. I found one. The only thing that I wasn’t too keen on was that it didn’t come with a puff, and my makeup brush inventory is severely limited. So far, I like it. It covers well, and it seems to keep the shine down. We’ll see how it does at work tomorrow. I’m hoping for big things.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: