Wednesday, April 22, 2009

112. Brusha-Brusha-Brusha

April 22

I donated blood today, so I was at the mall. I know that those two things don’t seem to go together, but they do. CBS (Canadian Blood Services) sets up a mobile unit at the big local mall, and I got an appointment to donate. I’ll save you the gory details (my vein was small and was pumping real slow), but it took well over an hour from sign in to cookies & juice time. I think that I was actually giving blood for at least 15 minutes. The girls were all talking to me and kinda looked concerned, but nothing came of it. I think I might have gotten a bit pale at one point because one of the ladies came over and was taking my pulse after the needle came out and I was just sitting there, I felt fine though. My duty has been done until June, I have helped save 3 lives.

While I was waiting for my appointment time, I popped into Zellers to look at make up brushes. I found one that I liked, so I bought it. It’s really neat because there’s an inner collar that pops up to hold the bristles together, and then an external cover goes on top of that to protect it all. I tried it out when I got home and instantly I was reminded of Dance Recitals back in the 90s. Back when mom would let me wear a little bit of blush and even some lipstick. I was going to be on stage after all. It never ceases to amaze me how connected scents and memories are.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: