Friday, July 3, 2009

184. Sweater Progress

July 2

I’m back, feeling much better, but still not 100%.

My Old Man Sweater is progressing nicely. The body is done, and I’m over 6 inches into the first sleeve. I love that it’s just a quick and mindless knit, the only thing that I’m not liking so far is the sleeve increases. They create a bump on the “seam”.

Old Man SweaterSee? I know it’s not the best picture, I took a bunch and then sat down. I’m not getting up again.  But there’s that little bump where the two stitches are made right next to each other. It kind of irks me, but I don’t know what to do about it. I don’t want to increase the number of stitches between the increases because that would make the increases themselves more noticeable. I don’t think you can see it so much when the seam is laid flat instead of folded, so I think I might be fine. We’ll see. I already frogged half a body once, so what’s a few inches of a sleeve?

-Cheers folks!

No comments: