Wednesday, July 15, 2009

196. Bwak Bwak, Chicken!

July 15

I love to cook. I love to bake. I pretty much love anything to do with food. Tonight’s supper (and subsequently because I always cook more than enough to ensure leftovers, tomorrow’s lunch) was real easy, but tasted so darn good. Add margarine (or oil or butter, I used margarine because that’s all I had) to a pan over medium heat. Add two chopped cloves of garlic, allow to cook for a few minutes. Add sliced potatoes (I used canned because they’re cheap and super quick, no pealing involved). Add salt and pepper to taste. Dice two chicken breasts, add to oiled pan over medium-high heat, add salt and pepper to taste as well as the juice of half a lemon. Cook until about 90% done. While chicken is cooking, add veggies to potato pan (I used corn because I had corn on hand and love it. Also good is green beans or baby carrots). Add chicken to potato and veggie pan,  allow chicken to cook thoroughly. I got a big supper and a good sized lunch out of that, but it’s so simple to upsize or down size the meal to the number of servings you want.  Also good is omitting the lemon and adding lime instead along with chilli powder. Or try ginger. Anything is possible! I cook by the Kevin Smith rule: If you like it, add it, if you don’t like it, don’t add it. Throw things that you like together, who know’s what you’ll come up with.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: