Monday, July 27, 2009

208. My Chair

July 27

I have a butterfly chair right under my window. It’s one of those canvas camp chairs, and I love it. I can’t easily sit in it due to there really not being enough room for it to completely expand. I currently have one shawl on it, and my incomplete Lizard Ridge blanket. I need probably half a block to finish, I’ve already got one half done, so I just need to finish that. Then I need to figure out what to do for the edging. I also need to really block it. I need to soak each block, and pin them down. That means I need to rip the seaming. But that’s okay because somehow, I like mattress stitch. I don’t understand seeing as I hate finishing, and seaming is finishing. In any case, it’s almost done. I can taste it, which isn’t a great thing considering the heat. It’s not even the heat! It’s the humidity. I don’t do humidity. I’m from Nova Scotia. We have cold winters and hot (two week) summers. Here it’s been raining every day, making the humidity unbearable. I need a good big storm to get rid of this. At least, that’s what would take care of it back East… I somehow think that wouldn’t work here. Damn.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: