Thursday, July 9, 2009

190. Knitting while Lunching

July 9

When it’s nice out we take the kids across the street to the green space in front of one of the University’s many buildings. It was nice today, so we took the kids out. I cast on Laminaria in the morning while they were building robot Bionicles to make a stop motion move with, so I brought it along with me. I’m finding that the Hiya Hiya bamboo needles aren’t quite pointy enough for easy lace knitting, but it still works. I might see if I can find someone selling a 3.5mm Addi Lace needle (24” or 32”, I’m not picky, but not 40”) on Ravelry. The LYS I was at didn’t have any Addi’s that I saw, and if it’s not Addi, I like bamboo, so that’s a problem. I haven’t made it to the other LYS that I know of in Ottawa, it’s a fair bit farther, more of a full Saturday on the town event. Maybe next week. My friend and I are going to Ikea this weekend. Mmmmm, Ikea.

-Cheers folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, Wool 'N Things in Orleans has Addi needles :)