Thursday, August 6, 2009

218. My Shared Lunch

SONY DSC

Around noon today, myself and one of my co-workers realized that we both wanted pizza. When our other co-worker came back from heating up his lunch, we asked him, and he was in. We spent about half an hour trying to figure out where to get it from. After one false alarm (the place was under construction for this afternoon only) we decided on a place down by the market. Milano’s if I recall correctly. It was quick, it was inexpensive, it was delicious. The only problem was trying to figure out how best to split 8 pieces of pizza between three people. We did it. But there was some deliberation.

I started a new knitting project today. I’m doing a Pi Shawl by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I’m using up some left overs of sock yarn that I have, and I’m doing it on 4.5mm needles. I might have liked it a bit better on 4.0mm needles, but 4.5 is all I have and it’s quite nice. I’m done 4 of the 7 (or 8 maybe if I want to make it huge) increase rows. Don’t think that means that I’m half way done. Each increase row is double the distance from the previous round as the one before that. It’s simple. It’s knitting all the way, with those 7 (or 8) increase rounds. I’m happy. I like it so far. I’ll try to get pictures tomorrow. (Aren’t I horrible at saying I’ll get pictures, but then I never do. Sorry)

-cheers folks!

No comments: