Sunday, August 23, 2009

235. My Stove

SONY DSC

I like a clean stove. It’s much nicer to cook on. I’m used to having a clean stove at home (thank you mom), so I guess I’m  spoiled. Today when I was cooking, I boiled over a pot of water, so after the elements had all cooled down I took the one out I spilled into and took off the spill catcher. I recoiled. I had taken off the front left burner (top left in picture), I didn’t know what awaited me under the front right. I grabbed my cloth and tried to clean the aforementioned disgusting ring… it did nothing. I grabbed the Vim. It barely made a dent. I scrubbed, I scoured, I poured my heart and soul into it. I finally ended up letting the Vim sit while I went over to a friend’s place to watch Mad Men. I came home, and scrubbed some more. I got it pretty clean. There are some stains that I think are actually rust, so they wont come out (front right), but they will be covered by the spill catcher thingies.

I don’t want to try to clean the oven. It’s worse. It needs to be cleaned, but I’m only here for another weeks. I don’t care enough to clean it. That’s someone else’s problem.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: