Sunday, August 16, 2009

228. My Sewing Skills

SONY DSC

That’s right, once again I broke out the needle and thread to whip up something that wasn’t looking right knit. And I tried to knit it. I even tried to crochet it, but it just would not work. I biked almost 9k each way to get to a fabric store that I don’t think I’ll ever go back to. It seemed a little shady. And there was no organization to the store either! I drove me nuts. I did manage to find a steal of a deal on some really neat cotton fabric though. I then spent the better part… okay… all of the evening sewing a bag for my mat by hand. I really really miss my sewing machine.

SONY DSC I really like the way it turned out, my only issue is that the mat is a little sticky to get in seeing as it’s rubber. Cotton + rubber = not good sliding partners. I love the fabric. I love that it fits. And I love that I made a handle that is neither too long, nor too short. Now what do I do with the nearly 1m of left over fabric?

-Cheers folks!

No comments: