Thursday, August 27, 2009

239. My Winter Knitting Begins

Aug 27

I cast on Yarn Harlot’s Unoriginal Hat yesterday and pretty much finished it. It was a little too shallow though, so I picked up all around on the cast on edge, and knit down for five rows, that was enough. The yarn is from Designs by Breanna Mewborn, in the Mutant Enemy colorway (grrrr, argh). It’s soft, squishy, and awesome. One of my coworkers wore it pretty much all afternoon. I love hats because they are so quick, and everyone needs a hat if you plan on surviving a Canadian Winter.

I also popped into the Yarn Store to get a skein of sock yarn to make Daybreak. It’s not my fault that 10 skeins of a beautiful wool-cashmere blend came home with me too. I couldn’t pass up the price! about $23 for over 2100 yards, 500 grams. It’s a beautiful forest green. No idea what I’ll make with it, but I love it, and it’s soooooooft. I got some Yummy for the shawl in a brown/purple variegated for the shawl. I need to get pictures because it is purdy. I also need a ball winder. Desperately, but I’m moving this weekend/next week, so I wont have time to get to the other yarn store to buy one. I guess I’ll just have to work on the projects that I have on the go already. Damn.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: