Monday, August 10, 2009

222. My Creepy Crawlies

SONY DSC

“What do you have there?”

“It’s a Cicada exoskeleton.”

“Oh, yea, that’s nice… Wait, what?”

That was part of my conversation with one of the campers today at lunch. No word of a lie, she was over by one of the trees, and when she came back she had the molted skin of a Cicada. The boys were all interested in it, but none of them seemed to want to touch it. The thing was huge, probably an inch and a half in length at least. It looked like it could reach out and bite you too, except there was nothing inside. I’m not squirmish around bugs most times, but big spiders and anything that will go crunch under my feet will make my spine crawl a little bit. This guy scared me senseless. The skin was huge, and so fully formed… my skin is crawling again.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: