Saturday, August 29, 2009

241. My Bumbleberry Pi Shawl

SONY DSC 

I finished the bind off on my Pi shawl today. It was a happy moment, I never thought that the 256 points would end. I also didn’t realize how intense blocking out 256 points was going to be. But I got it done alright by doing the 8 compass points first, then splitting the difference between those and pinning that out, then splitting the difference again, and so on and so forth. I really like the way it turned out.

SONY DSC Even though I didn’t really get it perfectly circular (I didn’t have the patience), I still really like it.

SONY DSC I think that once it dries and I take all the pins out it’s going to drape really really nicely. I love freshly blocked knitting, Especially something fine gauge like a shawl. I can’t wait to finish off my Laminaria.

SONY DSC Using up a fair bit of my sock yarn left overs was a great perk with this shawl. I don’t know what else I’d ever use them for. A sock yarn afghan just isn’t my style. Speaking of blankets, I really need to finish up my Lizard Ridge. I’m so close, and yet I don’t work on it. Sad.

-Cheers folks!

No comments: